Roomii’s mission is to make every space aspirational with quality pre-owned furniture affordable for everyone.
roomii’’s Terms of service
Roomii and its subsidiaries (collectively, “roomii”, “we”, or “us”), provide an online furniture sharing platform that connects furniture owners with people that need furniture short term to lease those furniture pieces. Roomii is accessible online at roomii.co. Roomii’s websites, blog, and associated services are collectively referred to as “the Services”. By accessing or using the Services, including by communicating with us or other Roomii users, you agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, the provisions of these Terms of Service (these “Terms”), whether or not you become a registered user of the Services. These Terms govern your access to and use of the Services and constitute a binding legal agreement between you and Roomii.
Modification. Roomii reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to modify the Services or to modify the Agreement, including these Terms, at any time. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on the Services. We will also update the “Last Revised” date at the top of these Terms. If you continue to access or use the Services after we have posted a modification or have provided you with notice of a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified terms. If the modified terms are not acceptable to you, your sole recourse is to stop using and accessing the Services and close your Roomii Account within 30 days. If you choose to close your Roomii Account, the previous effective version of these Terms will apply to you, unless you use the Services during the intervening 30 day period, in which case the new version of these Terms will apply to you.
Eligibility, registration, verification
The Services are intended solely for persons who are 18 and older to lease furniture. Any use of the Services by anyone that does not meet these age requirements is expressly prohibited.
To access certain features of the Services, you must sign up for an account with us (a “Roomii Account”). You can create a Roomii Account by providing us your first and last name, email address, phone number, and creating a password or connecting through an account with a third-party site or service (including Apple, Facebook, Google and Twitter). When you lease furniture as a renter, you provide us with certain additional information about yourself. Similarly, when you lease out your furniture as a furniture owner (“Owner ”), you provide us with certain additional information about yourself and your furniture(s) (if applicable). You must provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration, leasing, and/or listing process. You must keep your Roomii Account up to date at all times. Based on information you provide, Roomii may impose additional requirements for you to lease furniture (e.g., providing a security deposit, adding a second form of payment, buying a certain level of protection plan, or other requirements).
Where permitted, Roomii has the right, but not the obligation, to undertake screenings, checks, and engage in processes designed to (1) help verify the identities or check the backgrounds of users such as renter’s insurance validity. Roomii does not endorse any furniture, user, or a user’s background, or commit to undertake any specific screening process. Roomii may in its sole discretion use third-party services to verify the information you provide to us and to obtain additional related information and corrections where applicable, and you hereby authorize Roomii to request, receive, use, and store such information. Roomii may permit or refuse your request to lease or list a furniture in its sole and absolute discretion. Roomii may, but does not commit to, undertake efforts to ensure the safety of furniture shared through the Services. We do not make any representations about, confirm, or endorse the safety, structural integrity, or legal status of any furniture beyond our policies that require the owner to ensure their furniture is in safe condition and owned by the renter, and otherwise satisfy our eligibility requirements.
The fees we charge for using the Services and other cost structures will be itemized at checkout for renters. You can verify the amount for your lease at checkout before you submit your lease order. Owner can view earnings on the Owner Account and learn more about earnings breakdown here. When you provide Roomii a payment method, you authorize Roomii, or third-party service providers acting on Roomii’s behalf, to store your payment credential for future use in the event you owe Roomii any money. You authorize Roomii to use stored payment credentials for balances, including for renter fees, and renter fees (e.g., late fees, security deposits, processing fees and claims costs, and related administrative fees).
Collection of fees
Roomii and its service providers will employ all legal methods available to collect amounts due, including the engagement of collection agencies or legal counsel. Roomii, or the collection agencies we retain, may also report information about your Roomii Account to credit bureaus. As a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your Roomii Account may be reflected in your credit report. In addition to the amount due, delinquent accounts or chargebacks will be charged with fees and/or charges that are incidental to the collection of delinquent accounts or chargebacks including, but not limited to, collection fees, convenience fees, and/or other third party charges. If you wish to dispute the information Roomii reported to a credit bureau (i.e., Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion), please contact support.roomii.co. If you wish to dispute the information a collection agency reported to a credit bureau regarding your Roomii Account, you must contact the collection agency directly.
In certain jurisdictions, Roomii may enable the collection and remittance of certain taxes from or on behalf of renters or owners, based on existing and future tax regulations, including marketplace facilitator. The amount of taxes, if any, collected and remitted by Roomii will be visible to, and separately stated, to both renter and renter on their respective lease related documents and invoices. Where Roomii is facilitating the collection and remittance of taxes, owners are not permitted to collect the same taxes on the Services in relation to their furniture leasing in that jurisdiction.
You agree that you will always use your Roomii Account and the Services in compliance with these Terms, applicable law, and any other policies and standards provided to you by Roomii.
Account Activity. You are, and will be solely responsible for, all of the activity that occurs through your Roomii Account. Keep your Roomii Account information, including your password, secure. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Roomii Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Roomii of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Roomii Account. We are not responsible for your failure to comply with this clause, or for any delay in shutting down or protecting your Roomii Account unless you have reported unauthorized access to us.
Roomii Content and User Content License. Subject to your compliance with the provisions of these Terms, Roomii grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, to access and view any Roomii and/or user content to which you are permitted access, solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. You have no right to sublicense the license rights granted in this section. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Roomii or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
User Content. We may, in our sole discretion, permit you to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit content through the Services such as photographs of you and your furniture(s), reviews, feedback, and descriptions of you or your vehicle. By making available any content on or through the Services, or through Roomii promotional campaigns, you grant Roomii a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the term of the protection), non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit such content on, through, by means of, or to promote or market the Services. Except as described above with respect to Roomii photography provided to the owner, Roomii does not claim any ownership rights in any such content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any such content.
Copyright Protection. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate Roomii Accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act and similar laws. If you think a user is violating your copyright(s) and want to notify us, you can find information about submitting notices support.roomii.co.
In connection with your use of or access to the Services, you agree that you will not, nor advocate, encourage, request, or assist any third party to:
Violate any law, including:
- Breach, violate, and/or circumvent any local, state, provincial/territorial, regional, or national law or other law or regulation, or any order of a court, including, without limitation, tax regulations, licensing or registration requirements, or third-party rights
- Post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content
- Infringe, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, reverse engineer, or prepare derivative works from content that belongs to or is licensed to Roomii, or that comes from the Services and belongs to another Roomii user or to a third party, including works covered by any copyrights, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property, privacy, publicity, moral, or contractual rights, except with prior express written permission of Roomii
Dilute, tarnish, or otherwise harm the Roomii brand in any way, including:
- Through unauthorized use of the Services and/or user content
- Registering and/or using “Roomii” or derivative terms in domain names, trade names, trademarks, or otherwise
- Registering and/or using domain names, trade names, trademarks, social media account names, or other means of identification that closely imitate or are confusingly similar to Roomii domains, trademarks, taglines, promotional campaigns, or Roomii and/or user content
Provide or submit any false or misleading information, including:
- False name, date of birth, payment method, insurance, or other personal information
- In relation to a claim (for example about damage to furniture)
- By registering for a Roomii Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsifying or otherwise misrepresenting yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity
Fail to honor your commitments, including:
- Fail to pay fees, penalties, or other amounts owed to Roomii or another user
- Fail, as either a renter or renter, to timely deliver, make available, or return any furniture and optional Extras, unless you have a valid reason
- Use the Services to find a renter or renter, and then complete a transaction partially or wholly independent of the Services, for any reason including but not limited to circumventing the obligation to pay any fees related to Roomii’s provision of the Services (aka, gray market transactions, which do not necessarily require the exchange of money)
- Transfer your Roomii Account and/or user ID to another party without our consent
- Leave furniture abandoned, except where instructed to do so directly by Roomii in certain limited circumstances
Harm or threaten to harm users of our community, including:
- Harass, stalk, or defame any other Roomii user or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as a renter or renter in accordance with these Terms
- Engage in physically or verbally abusive or threatening conduct
- Use the Services to transmit, distribute, post, or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information, payment method details, or account numbers
- Treat anyone differently based on the way they look, who they love, what they believe, how they self-identify, where they are from, or when they were born. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated in the Roomii community
- Sue or assert legal claims against Roomii or a Roomii user in any manner prohibited or waived by these Terms
Use the Services for your own unrelated purposes, including to:
- Contact another Roomii user for any purpose other than in relation to a leasing, furniture, listing, or the use of the Services by such user
- Commercialize any content found on the Services or software associated with the Services, including reviews
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their and our consent
- Recruit or otherwise solicit any user to join third-party services or websites that are competitive to Roomii, without our prior written approval
Interfere with the operation of the Services , including by:
- Interfering with any other user’s listings
- Entering into a Roomii transaction with a member of your family, household, friend, colleague, or acquaintance
- Using the Services in connection with the distribution or posting of unsolicited commercial messages (e.g., spam)
- Distributing viruses or any other technologies such as cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or e-mail address information, or similar methods or technology that may disrupt or interfere with the operation or provision of the Services, or harm Roomii or the interests or property of others
- Bypassing robot exclusion headers, interfering with the working of the Services, or imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure
- Systematically retrieving data or other content from the Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, directory, or the like, whether by manual methods, or through the use of bots, crawlers, spiders, or otherwise
- Using, displaying, mirroring, or framing the Services or any individual element within the Services, Roomii’s name, any Roomii trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the Services, without Roomii’s express written consent
- Accessing, tampering with, or using non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our service providers
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our system or network or breach any security or authentication measures
- Avoiding, bypassing, removing, deactivating, impairing, descrambling, or otherwise circumventing any technological measure implemented by Roomii or any of our service providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way using the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services
- Endeavoring to circumvent a suspension, termination, or closure of your Roomii Account or the account of another Roomii user, including, but not limited to, creating a new Roomii Account or listing furnitures affiliated with or registered to a Roomii Account holder that has been suspended, terminated, or closed
Other legal matters
Violations. Roomii has the right, but not the obligation, to investigate, pursue, and seek to prosecute, litigate, or refer to law enforcement violations of the Agreement to the fullest extent permissible by the law.
Roomii reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, in accordance with applicable law, to remove or disable access to any content that Roomii, at its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms, or otherwise harmful to the Services or our community. If we believe you are abusing Roomii, our users, or any other person in any way or violating the letter or spirit of any of these Terms, we may, in our sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, limit, suspend, or terminate your Roomii Account and access to the Services, remove hosted content, deny a damage claim, remove or demote your listings, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using the Services. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse or terminate access to the Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion to the full extent permitted under applicable law.
Policy enforcement. When an issue arises, we may consider the user’s performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our Policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing, subject to our sole and absolute discretion.
Communication with you. In order to contact you more efficiently, you agree that we may at times contact you using autodialed or prerecorded message calls or text messages at your phone number(s). We may place such calls or texts primarily to confirm your signup, provide notices regarding your Roomii Account or Roomii Account activity, investigate or prevent fraud, collect a debt owed to us, or communicate urgent messages. We may share your phone number(s) with service providers with whom we contract to assist us in pursuing these interests. We will not share your phone number(s) with third parties for their own purposes without your consent. Standard telephone minute and text and data charges may apply. Where Roomii is required to obtain your consent for such communications, you may choose to revoke your consent.
You authorize Roomii and its service providers, without further notice or warning and in our discretion, to monitor or record telephone conversations you or anyone acting on your behalf has with Roomii or its agents for quality control and training purposes. You acknowledge and understand that your communications with Roomii may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning. If you do not wish to have your call recorded, please contact us instead in writing through support.roomii.co
Non-disparagement. The Parties agree that they will not take any action that will harm the reputation of the other Party, or which would reasonably be expected to lead to unwanted or unfavorable publicity to either of the other Party.